Monday 1 August 2016

TheatreCraft 2016 | Upcoming Event!




I've never really been a natural actress but that didn't ever stop me wanting to get involved in theatre and I've always found it difficult to find out how to get involved professionally in areas other than performance. However TheatreCraft aims to provide this information- it's a large, free careers event for people aged 16-25 interested in non-performance jobs in theatre. This year the event is taking place at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel in the heart of London's theatreland on the 14th November and I've already booked my ticket for what is going to be an exciting and informative day out!


Executive Vice President for ATG, Adam Kenwright, has been announced as TheatreCraft 2016's Ambassador and will be opening the event on the day. Kenwright believes that helping young people get involved behind the scenes of theatre will "make our great industry thrive" and "is vital to the future of theatre". It's great to see such a high-profile name encouraging my generation to get involved and I can't wait to hear what else he has to say on the day!

Attendees will have the opportunity to take part in workshops led by theatre professionals, visit exhibits put on by theatres and other organisations as well as getting one-on-one advice is the Ask the Experts zone. Last year workshops included everything from casting to critiquing, stage management and play writing. There really is something for everyone and I know that I'll be super busy on the day trying to fit in as much as possible.

As I mentioned earlier, I've already booked my ticket and would love to see some of you there. To find out more about the event and book your ticket visit the TheatreCraft website and be sure to give them a follow on Twitter @TheatreCraft to keep you updated in the run-up to the day!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Olivia Loves Theatre | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig