Wednesday 11 November 2015

Upcoming Shows


I adore that rush you get when buying tickets for a show, particularly if you know it's one you'll enjoy. I've got a great line up of shows for the next 6 months and the excitement is killing me so I thought I'd share my pre-show thoughts and give you a taste of the reviews you've got to look forward to in the next few months!


I've been attending shows at Symphony Hall in Birmingham for as long as I can remember and a Christmas tradition for me and my mom is to see The Sound Of Musicals- a concert starring four west-end performers, often plus a special guest. I've previously seen Jessie Buckley (finalist of BBC One's I'd Do Anything) in it, and last year Kerry Ellis and Summer Strallen, who are returning to reprise their roles again this year. It's always such a great show- a stunning venue and some of the best songs from musical theatre being sung by some incredibly talented performers. 

Then I'll be back at the New Theatre in Cardiff in January to see one of my favourite shows: Avenue Q! I've seen the show once before and cried with laughter so I can't wait to see it again. I listen to the soundtrack regularly and it always makes me chuckle so I know I'm in for a great evening with this show.

Possibly most excitingly I'm having another double show day in London in February. I've had these tickets booked for so long and genuinely cannot wait. First of all I'll be seeing Phantom of the Opera, a show that I've loved for so long but have never seen in London (I did see the touring version a few years ago but it's not quite the same I hear!). It's currently starring Celinde Schoenmaker as Christine who is one of my favourite musical theatre performers, and in the new year Ben Forster will be joining the cast as Phantom which I think is a really interesting casting choice and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he tackles the role. 

Following that I'm seeing the closing night performance of Miss Saigon. I was devastated to hear this show was closing having seen it not long after it opened and loving it. I know that it's going to be a very emotional performance and it will probably ruin me but I adore closing night performances- there's something so special being able to say you were there for a momentous occasion like that and I know I'm going to love it. If you're yet to see the show, try and get down to London before it closes as you're in for such a treat!

Rounding this post off is my most recent booking: I'll be seeing The Maids at the Trafalgar Studio Theatre! It stars Uzo Aduba (yes, Crazy Eyes from OITNB!) and Zawe Ashton (who is one of my favourite TV actresses) and looks like it'll be a really interesting show. I logged on to buy my ticket only an hour or so after booking opened and it had already sold really well. The story is described as a psychological thriller that analyses class and sexuality which sounds so interesting and with such a strong cast it really isn't a show I could bare to miss and it'll make a welcome change to all the musicals I've got lined up!

Have you got any shows coming up that you're looking forward to? I'd love to hear all about them! Leave me a comment below or feel free to Tweet me at @oliviaellen97! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Olivia Loves Theatre | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig